You bite to an apple but instantly notices a red, kind of bloody patch on the bitten part. Embarrassing, right? Let’s say, you brush your teeth and when it is time to spit, the same thing that you saw in the apple scattered on the sink. Worried yet? You must, for bleeding gums are not at all normal. It can be a sign of gum disease. Taking care of the pearly whites is necessary to keep the tissue that holds your teeth firm and intact.
While Bleeding or Receding Gums Treatment is made available with us at Stafford Oral Surgery & Specialists, we would also like to emphasize that prevention is always possible at home. With that said, here are some of the important things that everyone needs to know about the condition and the remedies that they can consider.
Why does bleeding gums happen?
There are following factors that can cause the gums to bleed. These includes:
- Poor oral hygiene that can cause the mouth to generate plaque and bacteria. When these harmful particles reside in the gum line, inflammation occurs.
- The body is lacking Vitamins C and K.
- Gum infections also cause the gum to bleed.
- Smoking tobacco can put the gum in danger.
- Improper eating habits.
What Are the Signs of Bleeding Gums?
Aside from the apparent gum bleeding, there are other symptoms accompanied with it. Such are:
- Loosened tooth
- Gum inflammation
- Bad breath
- Gums tend to swell
- Pus formation around the gums
What Are Home Remedies to Try?
- Rinse the mouth with a salt-water solution as it has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, giving a chance for the swelling to lessen and the infection to subside.
- You can also apply raw honey on top of the gums and start using a gentle pressure by massaging it. The natural sweetener can help get rid of the bacteria on the gums.
- Drinking unsweetened cranberry juice every day is another way to keep the harmful bacteria away from the teeth and gums.
Nevertheless, these only soothe the gums temporarily. The remedies mentioned above don’t guarantee a 100% cure to the problem. Seeking professional help with us at Stafford Oral Surgery & Specialists to identify the root of the problem and perform appropriate treatment is still the best thing to do.
If you experience sudden bleeding of gums, contact our office at Stafford Oral Surgery & Specialists for Bleeding/Receding Gums Treatment in Stafford, VA. You may book your appointment by visiting us at 481 Garrisonville Rd Suite 103, Stafford, VA 22554.