Are you suffering from dental but without any visible damage? Pay a visit to a dentist immediately, because it might mean that your tooth is infected from the inside, and its pulp can’t heal by itself. You would surely need an endodontist for that! And of course, worry no more because we have a treatment especially for you. This procedure is called a Root Canal Treatment; it is performed when the dental pulp which is composed of nerves and blood vessels in your teeth are infected. The procedure includes the removal of the pulp and any related debris to alleviate the pain you feel. Others might think that the treatment process is painful but honestly, it is a toothache that hurts you most. Here at Stafford Oral Surgery & Specialists, we will help you to avoid tooth loss and relieve dental pain by offering Root Canal Treatment under our Endodontics Services.
Symptoms of Pulp Infection
If the pulp chamber of your tooth is infected, you will experience pain or sensitivity with hot or cold substances, and pain during biting or chewing. These symptoms often disappear, but the infection continues to spread. You might even think that your tooth is healed, but you will eventually experience further symptoms such as:
- Gums swelling near the infected tooth
- Abscessed tooth
- Swelling on the face
- Darkening of the tooth
How Is A Root Canal Treatment Performed?
- You will need to take an X-ray test to determine any sign of infection surrounding the bone.
- The endodontist will numb the area near the infected tooth using local anesthesia to ensure your comfort.
- A rubber dam will be placed around the treated tooth.
- A hole will be drilled on the tooth to gain access to the chamber wherein debris, diseases nerves, and bacteria will be removed.
- After the root canal. The treated tooth will be sealed after it was cleaned thoroughly by the endodontist. It is to ensure that it would stay protected and preserved to be used normally.
Removal of the tooth may also be considered as an option. However, tooth extraction is not recommended by the dentist because they believe that it’s better to keep your natural teeth structure as possible. It is to preserve the overall facial and bone structures for better overall health.
Advantages of Root Canal Treatment
- Lets you function normally by alleviating the pain felt
- Preserves the natural tooth structure
- Avoids the spreading of bacterial infection to other healthy teeth
- Prevents tooth extraction procedure
- Can be protected by a dental crown to ensure its longevity and optimum function
- The procedure is less painless than other dental procedures
Why suffer from a toothache and opt for tooth extractions when you can always have the easy way? Having Root Canal Treatment lets you preserve your natural smile while alleviating the pain and discomfort you are feeling. Suffering from severe tooth pain or other oral complications? Contact us at Stafford Oral Surgery & Specialists to know more about our Root Canal Treatment in Stafford, VA. Our passionate team is always ready to serve you.