Amber Hurley Johnson, DO, DMD, a native of Stafford, VA is excited to be part of the community again. She has always had a passion for healthcare and ultimately decided on Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery since it allows her to apply her knowledge to take care of patients in the best way possible.
After graduating from North Stafford High School and earning her undergraduate degree from Vanderbilt, Dr. Johnson was accepted to the inaugural dual degree program at Nova Southeastern University (NSU), obtaining her Doctorate of Dental Medicine (DMD) and Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) in 2013. She subsequently completed her residency training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Virginia Commonwealth University.
Dr. Johnson returned to Stafford to open an oral surgery and dental specialty practice because she noticed that although Stafford has had tremendous growth since her childhood days, there is still a lack of dental specialists.
Dr. Johnson loves being involved in the community. She is a member the Fredericksburg Chamber of Commerce and volunteers at the Lloyd Moss Free Clinic. She resides in Stafford with her husband and two children, who are happy to be living close to Grandma and Grandpa!
- North Stafford High School (2004)
- Vanderbilt University – B.S.
- Nova Southeastern University – D.M.D, D.O.
- Virginia Commonwealth University – certificate in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- BLS (Basic Life Support)
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support)
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support)
- Hospital Affiliations:
- Mary Washington Hospital
- Stafford Hospital
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Spending time with family
- Fitness (most recently sprint triathlons)
- Cooking (current favorite cook books: America’s Test Kitchen Series)